Im to afraid to start!

This area is open for anyone read. If you have created an account then you can also create and reply to posts.
Astroth
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen
antispamfield: No

Im to afraid to start!

Post by Astroth »

The stage of buying the armor is done, i ordered a dremel and all the tools, elastics etc. but i am to afraid to mess up!

i owned a kit back in 2010 i think but never completed it more than 60% or something.
Now i am falling into the same pit of not getting it done.
What i need is guidance, and i was wondering if there are anyone living in the "Norrtälje" area that has experience building a TK kit
that could help me get started? Or now when the covid restrictions are being loosen there might be some "armor party's" in the Stockholm area i could attend?

I really want to finish this sandtrooper this time!

/Jonny

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: Im to afraid to start!

Post by 5573 »

Hi Jonny,

Yeah, making that first cut is pretty bloody scary so don't feel bad, you are not alone!

There are a tonne of how to videos on YouTube. I can highly recommend this one as a great resource for TK building.

Another option would be to do an on-site build during an event. Bring your kit along, we set up the tools and a table and one or more of us help you build and let the public see it happening. For example Comic Con is coming up soon. I'd be happy to help you for the full day on the Saturday plus our GML will be there with his amazing knowledge of TK kits.

As for armour parties, the Swedish winter is closing in so there probably won't be that much happening :( We usually have one or two a year ta my place but we need to be outside for that. My garage is too cold and inside is off limits for melted plastic and paint smells...

Otherwise, the single best rule is measure twice, cut once. And as long as you don't really force it up, most mistakes can be corrected or covered up :)

Cheers

Astroth wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 13:47
The stage of buying the armor is done, i ordered a dremel and all the tools, elastics etc. but i am to afraid to mess up!

i owned a kit back in 2010 i think but never completed it more than 60% or something.
Now i am falling into the same pit of not getting it done.
What i need is guidance, and i was wondering if there are anyone living in the "Norrtälje" area that has experience building a TK kit
that could help me get started? Or now when the covid restrictions are being loosen there might be some "armor party's" in the Stockholm area i could attend?

I really want to finish this sandtrooper this time!

/Jonny
"Shut him up or shut him down!"

Troop count: One, two, three, many, lots!

Astroth
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by Astroth »

Yeah comic con is a great place to mest other geeks :) if i haven't started by then I'll make sure to go! Saturday! :)

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by 5573 »

Let us know in advance if you want to build on site cos we’ll need to make space for you :)

Astroth wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 21:03
Yeah comic con is a great place to mest other geeks :) if i haven't started by then I'll make sure to go! Saturday! :)
"Shut him up or shut him down!"

Troop count: One, two, three, many, lots!

Squad Leader
Squad Leader

Post by 54513 »

We will happily help you with your kit.
And I hope to meet you at Comic-Con in November..