A Twilek X wing pilot?

For all costumes from A New Hope, EMpire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi
Grizabella
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen
antispamfield: No

Re: A Twilek X wing pilot?

Post by Grizabella »

I can understand that but I was hoping for some hopes with choosing a costume and more tips on how to think when I do so as well.

Youre point that people can tend to see me as a cosplayer rather than the character has really got me thinking on how to think when I choose a character or costume.

Cause its one thing to get a great looking Hera or Ashoka costume proved but a whole other thing to really be accepted as that character on a con. And its part of why I am so self consioness about making the right choice character and costume vise while keeping my budget in mind as well.

Its a lot of thoughts going into a good costume, right?

Grizabella
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by Grizabella »

I have kind of get stuck the past days so I might ask if there is anyone whom can help me brainstorm ideas for characters and costumes that lend themselves better towards middle age oversize males like me? Are there certain range of costumes whom can better be worked around curves or specific characters that lend themselves better towards those who are not so slim as most Hollywood actors are but are still doable when it comes to how much you need to know about sewing and such?

My shortlist so far are pretty much X wing pilots and maybe a couple Togruta and Twilek senators whom fit the above. General Leia might be an idea but I am not sure I see myself as her.

Any specific races that might be doable?

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by 5573 »

From the Imperial side, a TIE pilot, AT-AT driver or a Scout Trooper would work. Or any of the non-armoured costumes like officers or crewmen.
"Shut him up or shut him down!"

Troop count: One, two, three, many, lots!

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper

Post by 4492 »

A jedi is a simple costume that can also be tailored to look good whatever your size. A lot of people order their jedi costumes, so you don't need to sew yourself.

Grizabella
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by Grizabella »

4492 wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 09:24
A jedi is a simple costume that can also be tailored to look good whatever your size. A lot of people order their jedi costumes, so you don't need to sew yourself.
I like the idea of being a Jedi and tried a partial outfit from Batu - Jedi robes can be pretty forgiving if done right but I also like to think that most see those as pretty slim and well trained but I guess that a tailored costume would be a good way to work around some curves.

Plus that I also has a lightsaber to go with the costume.

Are there any good sites for tailored Jedi costumes and can those be made to flexible if you grow in size?

I tend to see military personal and officers as well trained figures but as you showed me above those officers costumes can be adopted to look good on persons with curves as well.

How are the Mandalorian style armor costumes like Boba, The mandalorian, and Stormtroopers when it comes to being able to adopt to curves and oversize bodys? One might think that armor is harder to make look good than thread are.

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by 5573 »

You could try ClothEars. Not cheap but very nice quality.
"Shut him up or shut him down!"

Troop count: One, two, three, many, lots!

Grizabella
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by Grizabella »

I might check them and maybe Wampawear - Does anyone knows how much to expect to pay for a generic Jedi design including all parts but the lightsaber?

And if I go for Jedi - Is there any particular designs that lends themselves to curvy and oversized bodies like mine? The prequels and Clone Wars series seems to have give us so many Jedi designs that I tend to get overwhelmed when I google for pictures.

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper

Post by 4492 »

In general I would go for a longer style of jedi tunics, more like Old Obi-Wan, than the young Obi Wan.

Grizabella
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by Grizabella »

Older Jedi masters like Ben Kenobi and Old Luke in TFA/ROS looks like they could go for my body style.

Does all Jedi come with long brown or black shoes or can you imagine shorter (loafers? style in those collors as well? I usualy find it hard to get into those kind of shoes.

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper

Post by 4492 »

They always have boots, I don't know if you are allowed to use a shoe and spats to make it look like a boot.