Mephlo´s Custom Designs for Patches, Coins, Stickers or whatever you want

Used for buying and selling costume-related items and other things that may be of interest to the group.
Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper
antispamfield: No

Mephlo´s Custom Designs for Patches, Coins, Stickers or whatever you want

Post by 80787 »

Morning Everyone!
After doing Designs for a while, I realized that I had never posted this here, so here it goes:

I´m Dean, ID-80787 or Mephlo in the internet world. If you need a Design for Patches, Coins, Stickers, Avatars, or basically whatever you need, I might be your guy. For a while now I´ve been doing designs for 501st members all over the world. You can take a look at some of my work in the lines below or you can go to my Socials: The standard price for 501st members is 501 NOK.

If you have any questions, doubts, or anything on your mind, send me a PM here, to my FB page, or to my personal Fb profile at Mephlo Kasz.

May The Force Be With You!
As a reference, here is an image of my personal patch, designed by me, side by side concept and physical product:

Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Re: Mephlo´s Custom Designs for Patches, Coins, Stickers or whatever you want

Post by 31700 »

Looks awesome! You’ll be hearing from me…
CO: Commanding officer

Costumes: (stormie) (kylo) (biker)
Troops: 66

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by 5573 »

I am working with Dean on a design. He is a pleasure to collaborate with. He listens to my input, tells me if I’m making bad suggestions and puts up with my whining about details with no complaint.

I’ll post the progression tomorrow so you can all see how the design has debeloped.

Can’t wait to get the finished result printed up as stickers and patches.
"Shut him up or shut him down!"

Troop count: One, two, three, many, lots!

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by 5573 »

Hi again,

Here is the promised development of my logo from my initial idea to the almost final design. As I said above, it has been a true pleasure working with Dean on this process with both of us giving new ideas, feedback and improvements.

My initial idea. I definitely wanted the twin suns in the back and a sandie as the main feature but I wanted to change his pose to remove the binoculars and hold the gun pointing down and to his left. I also wanted a black, orange, black border to reflect the pauldron that I have on my costume. The green blob is supposed to be a dewback and then the Lars homestead burning on top of the hill (no, I know it wasn't on a hill in the film). The style should be quite cartoony.
1.jpg
1.jpg (430.5 KiB) Viewed 154 times
Dean's first "have I understood what you want?" sketch
2.jpg
2.jpg (302.39 KiB) Viewed 154 times
More detailed sketch. I love it but I'm not 100% happy...
3.jpg
3.jpg (310.8 KiB) Viewed 154 times
How about adding in a dewback to fill up that empty space? Dean didn't think it was a god idea so we killed it immediately but then I went back to my initial plan of the farm.
4.jpg
4.jpg (363.04 KiB) Viewed 154 times
Now we're really cooking with gas! This is much more like I imagined. One thing that hit me though was that the T-21 looks like it's bent or something. Hmm, let's look into that later...
5.jpg
5.jpg (331.83 KiB) Viewed 154 times
Colours! I felt that the ground is too brown. It should be more yellow. I like the red sky but I think I would prefer blue. I also noticed that there is something not quite right with the eyes but I couldn't quite put my finger on what.
6.jpg
6.jpg (388.49 KiB) Viewed 154 times
Much happier with these colours but the trooper does not pop as much. We tried the red sky but still not as much pop. Maybe it's the contrast between the browns and the white compared to the yellows and the white but I'm happier with the yellows so let's stick with that. Let's go back to a red sky and see how that looks. Still something wrong with those eyes...
7.jpg
7.jpg (441.77 KiB) Viewed 154 times
Reshaped eyes look much better and the colour on the T-21 is nice but it still has that bent look. I think it's caused by the weird (but accurate) shape of that lighter colours centre section. Dean drew in some lines that proved this to be exactly the situation. Move along, move along...
8.jpg
8.jpg (413.05 KiB) Viewed 154 times
Fixed a details on the gun.
9.jpg
9.jpg (530.31 KiB) Viewed 154 times
Rounded out the colour transitions from the lighter to darker sand. I think it looks much nicer that way. At this point I'm very happy but I noticed that the lines crossing the suns do not meet up with anything in the sky. Slightly weird.
10.jpg
10.jpg (382.01 KiB) Viewed 154 times
I'm totally happy with this image now. Next stage is to add a border and some text then we should be done.
11.jpg
11.jpg (425.27 KiB) Viewed 154 times

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by 5573 »

First version with a border. I liked it but was not totally happy with the font so we tried a couple of alternatives.
12.png
12.png (1.4 MiB) Viewed 145 times
The Vader's Fist font has a nice weathered look that goes well with a sandtrooper.
13.png
13.png (1.45 MiB) Viewed 145 times
And finally just a little bit of bling to fill in some dead space in the frame...
14.png
14.png (1.52 MiB) Viewed 145 times
Now we'll just stare at it for a while until we agree that it is definitely finished.

Thanks Dean, you rock!