For all costumes from A New Hope, EMpire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi

Moderator: team-ng-command

Grizabella
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen
antispamfield: No

Re: A Twilek X wing pilot?

Post by Grizabella »

I asked this on the rebel Fb page and was re directed here so I might ask this again:

Is there anyone whom does reference arts for the likes of Jedi and Togrutas that you know about? I would need some help to adopt a design to my body by someone who knows how the different parts of a Jedi costume comes together to be flathering on my body.

And maybe even has some ideas of what other costumes that would or could make it for me would be helpfull.

I pay ofc.

Nordic Base trooper
Nordic Base trooper

Post by 6894 »

Grizabella wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 12:13
I asked this on the rebel Fb page and was re directed here so I might ask this again:

Is there anyone whom does reference arts for the likes of Jedi and Togrutas that you know about? I would need some help to adopt a design to my body by someone who knows how the different parts of a Jedi costume comes together to be flathering on my body.

And maybe even has some ideas of what other costumes that would or could make it for me would be helpfull.

I pay ofc.
Join up here yet? If not do so a lot more information avalible !
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum
the man they call fuzzy bear.
ANH Vader 100%
WIP ESB Vader 85%
WIP ROTJ Vader 40%

Grizabella
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by Grizabella »

I did and I got some interesting feedbacks and grow quite found of Shaak Ti and Togrutas so I am thinking in line with doing a generic version of her since her costume has a lot of legroom to hide my curves and I am quite found of the combination of the Togrutas headpiece and make up they have.

While I am at it - Does Jedi characters has to have a lightsaber with theyre costume or can you imagine a Jedi who opted not to use it cause he or she is so powerful with the force?

Nordic Base trooper
Nordic Base trooper

Post by 6894 »

Grizabella wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 09:19
While I am at it - Does Jedi characters has to have a lightsaber with theyre costume or can you imagine a Jedi who opted not to use it cause he or she is so powerful with the force?
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/ ... hp?t=93002

5. Lightsaber:
(No toy sabers, no Ultimate FX short saber). The lightsaber may be a static prop (hilt-only). Attached blade(s), LED lights, and sound effects, are allowed but not required.

a. Metal hilt lightsabers are preferred, though custom lightsabers constructed of other materials are permitted.

b. Blade colors accepted are: blue, green, yellow, orange, white and violet. No red, pink or black blades.

c. Double-blade sabers are allowed.
the man they call fuzzy bear.
ANH Vader 100%
WIP ESB Vader 85%
WIP ROTJ Vader 40%

Lora Skywalker
Nordic Base trooper
Nordic Base trooper

Post by Lora Skywalker »

As for your question on crossplaying; I do it. :) But I don't genderbend. When I'm the Doctor, then I'm he/him, not she/her. I portray the character and their costume as they are, I don't change it aside from sizing to fit me.
And that's the important part; crossplay is fine, but genderbend is not, not for either legion. Just like I can't do a fem-Luke or fem-Doctor, I can't do a male-Leia. I have to portray the character as they are. Luckily there is plenty of options for costumes, so knock yourself out. :)
"Get this walking carpet out of my way!"

Rebel and proud of it!
DXO of RLGS. BMO of Nordic Base. Delegation Leader of Aurora Delegation.

Grizabella
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by Grizabella »

I have seen more females crossplay than male do it and I belive that females generaly has more freedom to step in as male characters due to theyre smaller size compared to men in general make it easier for them to step in as males than its the other way round - Or if its culturaly more accepted to do so?

As I said earlier I am a fan of many female Star Wars characters but my relative big size has made me shy to cross the gender barrier and cos play as a female character.

For those of you who have seen a lot of crossplay in both directions - Are there any "bias" from the general con visitors to have male being female characters or the other way around?