WIP Tusken Male AotC

For all costumes from The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith

Moderator: team-ng-command

HerrTusk
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen
antispamfield: No

WIP Tusken Male AotC

Post by HerrTusk »

Hi everyone, I wish to show you my progress so far on the Tusken raider I am making. It is the costume that I mean to apply to the 501st with.

I started out with a poor mans mask kit, the resin/PVC type. I quickly realized that it wasn't for me so I'm not putting any pics of that up here if nobody asks for it specifically. I decided to go with the Godzilla kit, at the same time he made me the belt, the gloves and a respirator/moisture trap whatever we decide to call it. I later got pointed out for me that the cannister isn't used for AotC, but I still like having it at home ;) The inner robe (which is my only intended robe) was ordered from TK409 and I got the Swedish ammo bandolier off of ebay.

The reason I bought so many things almost ready to go is very simple, I am a terrible excuse for a handy-man. The bucket is 100% assembled by myself though and I take great pride in that because it is the most creative thing I have ever made.

Enough chit chat, here we go!

PS.
Seems like I haven't used the most efficient way to upload things. Is it prefered to link to some other place like imgur instead? If you wanna see pics prior to the first bucket strip, just say the word!
Attachments
First strip in place, starting to see what it is supposed to become.
First strip in place, starting to see what it is supposed to become.
IMAG0400.jpg (964.23 KiB) Viewed 5719 times
The bucket after the first layer of strips, this is what I went like at the first troop, got the comment that the strips was too wide so I got to work on that later
The bucket after the first layer of strips, this is what I went like at the first troop, got the comment that the strips was too wide so I got to work on that later
IMAG0414.jpg (956.2 KiB) Viewed 5719 times
Got steel-toe high boots, the steel-toe because I knew I was going to bang my toes everywhere with the view you have from the bucket. Rugged it up with sandpaper to get some good gluing surface
Got steel-toe high boots, the steel-toe because I knew I was going to bang my toes everywhere with the view you have from the bucket. Rugged it up with sandpaper to get some good gluing surface
IMAG0426.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 5719 times
It was quite hard to decide how to wrap the bottom of the boots, i left the heel be but wrapped everything else, glued strips right at the bottom to cover up any green parts.
It was quite hard to decide how to wrap the bottom of the boots, i left the heel be but wrapped everything else, glued strips right at the bottom to cover up any green parts.
IMAG0435(1).jpg (73.01 KiB) Viewed 5719 times
One of the boots wrapped up
One of the boots wrapped up
IMAG0451(1).jpg (75.06 KiB) Viewed 5719 times
If anyone knows this stuff and got an opinion on them, this is the colouring I used. Only used the brown one though, might go at it again with the black one if necessary.
If anyone knows this stuff and got an opinion on them, this is the colouring I used. Only used the brown one though, might go at it again with the black one if necessary.
IMAG0833.jpg (928.18 KiB) Viewed 5719 times
Boots post-dye
Boots post-dye
IMAG0834.jpg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 5719 times
The robe on the drying stand after the weathering
The robe on the drying stand after the weathering
IMAG0836.jpg (1.55 MiB) Viewed 5719 times
The bucket after adding some thinner strips and giving it a dye shower
The bucket after adding some thinner strips and giving it a dye shower
IMAG0846.jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 5719 times
Here I am with a very intimidating sith lord at the Sci-Fi World Stockholm 25/4-15
Here I am with a very intimidating sith lord at the Sci-Fi World Stockholm 25/4-15
vårmässan15.png (356.78 KiB) Viewed 5719 times

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Re: WIP Tusken Male AotC

Post by 74210 »

Nice pictures. I look forward to see more. I think I saw you during SSGFC in Stockholm last weekend. Looks like you are well on your way. :)

You should consider getting an account at http://photobucket.com or another picture hosting place.
If you continue to upload pictures directly to the forum you will soon run out of space.

HerrTusk
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by HerrTusk »

Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna upload my other pics to photobucket from now on. Check them out at http://s12.photobucket.com/user/HerrTusk/profile/
Right now I have a frontal pic and one from behind where you get a clear view of the imo biggest issues.
1. I've got the wrong neckwrapping but I'm about to fix that.
2. The godzilla bucket is oversized and looks weird from behind. I would gladly take tips of how to resolve this issue.

Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by 11101 »

HerrTusk wrote: 2. The godzilla bucket is oversized and looks weird from behind. I would gladly take tips of how to resolve this issue.
Me too!^^ I'm still trying to find the perfect neck wrap to fix that.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

WIP Tusken Male AotC

Post by 74210 »

HerrTusk wrote:Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna upload my other pics to photobucket from now on. Check them out at http://s12.photobucket.com/user/HerrTusk/profile/
Right now I have a frontal pic and one from behind where you get a clear view of the imo biggest issues.
1. I've got the wrong neckwrapping but I'm about to fix that.
2. The godzilla bucket is oversized and looks weird from behind. I would gladly take tips of how to resolve this issue.
You can use Photobuckets share function and their IMG-link to embed pictures in posts making it easier for the reader to follow.

Like this:

The link that generated the picture looks like this:

[ XXX URL=http://s12.photobucket.com/user/HerrTus ... .jpeg.html]Image[/URL XXX ]

(I've added the XXX in the beginning and end to break the link to not post the picture twice. :) )

Edit 2: screw it. Can't get the link to show properly. :) You get the picture (no pun intended). ;)

HerrTusk
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by HerrTusk »

Gonna try to my luck at photobucket.

Here is a comparison of my bucket between SFW Stockholm in November and SFW Stockholm in April. I must say it is a bigger difference than I anticipated. But I am satisfied with the thinner strips of cloth.

Here is a full body comparison, note that I removed the neckbreather since I realized that the AotC tuskens don't use those. The big difference here is weathering. I was very nervous before the process but I think it turned out okey. Probably going at my shoulders again because I noticed I missed a few spots there.